Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3, 2018 - Ready, Set, GO

Hey guys whats up so this week was great, happy new years by the way it was great down here. I started off my new years not getting anysleep because of all the gun shots outside, so I decided to brush my teeth and wash my face again since I was not going to be able to sleep, Happy New Year!
Ok so we got the people. First off, members are the best. We had an activity in the chapel last night and we asked all of the members to bring their friends so that we could teach them and then get them used to being in the chapel, and the members ended up bringing 15 people that were not members! We taught them all at once and then got some appointments with them, boom, members and missionaries working together = major success. On Sunday we had a man come to church that I had not met before and he came and sat in our Gospel Principles class that me and Elder Bellido were teaching. I was supposed to talk about eternal marriage and the family and I spent a few minutes sharing about how if we do not complete with those things we cannot enter into the exaltation that God has for us. My companion was freaking out the whole time and I did not know why and then he told me afterwards that the new guy in class hates the whole idea about the family ... whoops. But the dude liked the class and said he would come to church again next week, testifying of the truth = change of heart in the mean guy. 
Freddy and Jhubytza are on fire as well. They came to church on Sunday with their daughter, so we have high expectations for all of them and their progression. 
We found some new Haitians two days ago so that was dope.
On Monday we got a reference from missionaries in the North mission, and it just turns out that the missionary who sent us the reference was Elder Dolenar! He said hi to me in the information about the investigator so that was awesome to get a new investigator and a note from the homie, love you!
We are also helping Alicia, one of our investigators towards a marriage and a bautismal date and yesterday we went by to teach her about doing her family history work and I showed her my family tree. Thanks mom for doing all of that work from before my mission so that I could show Alicia what it looks like and how we are supposed to do it, I do not know what I would do without you!
Ok so funny story, on Friday we went to a ladys house to go and talk with her, and while we were waiting outside my companions face just went pale and he told me to follow him. With no questions we just turned and started walking as fast as we could, we have a companion rule, if someone says leave an area, the other one has to leave and listen no matter what, o sea, blind obedience. Once we got far away enough we looked back and right outside of the ladys house we were at was a big guy with a smaller guy down on the ground with a gun to his neck. But, the guy on the ground was let go and ran away super fast, and we followed his example! We are safe!
I am loving the mission, there is nothing that I would change about it and what we are doing, there is not place in the world that I would rather be! I wish you all the best new year and hope that you are well, remember the best way to accomplish your goals is to place them in His hands and ask for His help and then go to work.

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Psalms 18:24



No comments:

Post a Comment