Wednesday, May 30, 2018

May 30, 2018 - Dude


Wow. 2 years have passed and it just feels like the blink of an eye. But, the work is the same so lets get right into talking about the week!
Last week was really good for us, it was a week full of lasts as well. Because I am nearing the end of my mission, there are some meetings and visits that I have the chance to participate in, and becuase our mission is so small, I get to go back and say goodbye to all of my beloved people on the mission during these last couple of weeks! Last week as well was great because we got to have a couple of interesting lessons. A few weeks ago Elder Tanner and I contacted this mans house and his son came out and started to talk to us, so we kept listening and ended up sharing the Gospel with him and then last week we went by and started to teach him and his sister as well. Everytime we go by their house, they always have different questions for us about the Church and the doctrine of Christ, and it has been awesome to testify of the power of the Book of Mormon. All of the doubts and questions that we may have about God, the Church, Joseph Smith and any other thing can be answered if we read, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon. God has given us the way to recieve answers to our questions, so why would we not recieve answers and read the book? Read the Book of Mormon! As well, Maribel has been progressing great these last few weeks! She has come to every Sunday at church, read, prayed and done all that we have asked her, and who would have guessed, she knows that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true! Shocker, I know. But she is doing great, really progressing and living the commandments, she is not going to make her baptismal date due to some personal matters that she has to attend to, but that is not stopping her or desanimating her, she is chugging along and loves it all. The mission is full of miracles that I have seen not only in my own life, but in the lives of others as well. 
Sad news. During my time down here in the Chile Santiago South Mission, we have had a mission dog that has lived at the mission office and has always been there to greet us during conferences, meetings or any other thing that brings us to the office. His name is Dude. Now, I do not really like dogs, but Dude was one of a kind, he literally was mans best friend, and everytime I saw him he ran up to me and licked my hand and nuzzled his noze into my leg, but that all changed on Monday. Just as I am ending my mission, Dude had to end his and due to health reasons was put down Monday night, I was sad to see him go. Love you buddy.
Alright since this is my last email from the mission I decided I would give my testimony. It has been a journey! I am grateful for the mission and the experiences that I have had, the people I have met, the ways that the Atonement has changed me, but I am most grateful for the way that I could come to know my Savior. That is the most wonderful gift and memory that I take home with me, the knowledge that He lives! I am grateful that God sent His Son. I know and testify that Jesus Christ took upon Himself the sins of the world in the Garden of Getsamani, going down to the lowest pits of suffering and agony in order to lift us up and grant us life on high. He is the Prince of Peace, King of Kings and Lord of Lords! I love Him and all he has done for me, and that is the most precious gift that anyone has given to me. 
Love you all, thank you for everything, see you soon.

Love,
Elder Tilghman

Mormon 7:7



No comments:

Post a Comment