Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15, 2017 - Tag, you`re it

Woooohooo ok so this last week was awesome. My companion and I arrived last week and the area was dead, the ward was super small and no one wanted to talk to the missionaries. In the past week we have had 14 new investigators, taught quite a few lessons and we have a couple of baptismal dates, and we got the normal ward attendace up from 11 to 27 woooohooooo! And on top of all of it, our sector is ghetto, so once more that means that everyday we have super funny stories to talk about and write down, pretty much life is awesome right now. 
Ok so lets talk about the people. Yesterday we were in the street and talked to a man that was washing his car on the side of the road, his name is Daniel. We started talking and he invited us back later that day and we returned and shared with him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has been praying and studying for years to find the truth and the way to return to Christ, and then we showed up yesterday. Miracles exist, we just need to be worthy enough to recieve them. Last week as well we were walking in the street, and we passed by a house and tried to talk with the people there, but they were not interested, but we asked if they knew anyone who would be interested in our message and they told us about a house of Haitians on the same street. So of course, being me, I was super pumped to go talk to some Haitians, but they were not home. As we were leaving the street, the little boy of the family who did not want to talk to us came running around the corner to tell us the Haitians had just got home and were now in their house. So we returned and taught the homies about the Restoration and we fixed a time to teach them English and Spanish classes in our chapel. Once again, miracles do exist! We have been working and striving everyday to find more people to teach and to help the ward members return to church, regain their faith in Jesus Christ and come and enjoy of the blessings of the Sacrament. I do not think I have felt the Spirit any stronger in my mission than when I promise people the blessings and comfort that the restored gospel brings. How great is our calling!
Ok so lets talk about the funny stories this week. So on Thursday we were in the street talking to an older gentleman and then all of the sudden two dudes on motorcylces come speeding past us on a main street. They were chasing each other because one dude was mad at another one and wanted to hit him, so the other one was running away, back and forth through traffic. It looked like a Need for Speed version of tag.
Other story. Near one of the apartments we walked by the other day there is a big doghouse, but I have never thought twice about it. But, of course, we walked by it and this massive white dog came charging at us from inside of the shady doghouse. In that moment I knew that I was going to die and I accepted the fact that the dogs were going to be the ones who killed me, there was no way I was going to win this battle. But, the dog was hooked to a giant metal chain leash (probably for good reason) and was stopped before it took our heads off. Point Tilghman. So, we lived to see another day!
I love the mission, I know that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, the only one who can guide us back to the kingdom of our Heavenly Father, I wish you all a good week, and happy birthday Dad, I think you are likle 45, I do not remember, sorry I am a bad son!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Mormon 7


IMG_0657.JPG
Open Chapel
IMG_0658.JPG
Soccer unites nations
IMG_0652.JPG
BBQ
IMG_0650.JPG
My hijo Elder Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment