Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October 18, 2017 - Spike and Spiked

Hello everyone so this last week was awesome, we are having some really great success in our sector in being able to teach and talk to new people here in our ward. We had some great experiences this week as well that testified to me that the missionary work that we are doing is of vital importance to Heavenly Father and His children. 
Sunday was the best Sunday I have had in my mission. So usual the number of people who go to church every week varies from where you are at in the mission. My first ward had about 70, my second about 30 and this ward has about 90. But on Sunday we had 150 people at church and I almost fell out of my chair. We have really been working with the bishop in order to get more people to come and partake of the sacrament each week, and it was great to see such a good turnout this week! As well during sacrament meeting Belen was confirmed and she asked us to participate in confirming her a member of the church, while we were confirming her I felt the Spirit fill the room. Thanks to the Priesthood that has been restored here on the Earth, Belen can have the Holy Ghost with her for the rest of her life, and will be able to have a constant companion and comforter in her times of need. All of our other investigators are progressing great as well, they each have their own unique challenges that they need to get over, but we are here to help them with that. Last week as well I started to seriously study my Creole, which is the language that the Haitians speak, so we will see if I will be able to talk that language after the mission as well. 
Overall the sector has been on fire, we are working great and very efficiently and I am so exicted to see the success that we will be able to have. 
Ok so story of the week. There is a giant dog that lives outside of our house called Spike, I gave him that name because it fits. Where we live there are no other dogs because Spike will go and fight them and beat them up until they leave, so he is kinda the only dog that I do not all of the way hate. On Saturday we were walking home at night and we saw Spike run on the street and slam his head into the side of a moving car because he was mad at it for some reason. He also did the same thing on Monday. I hope Spike and I do not become enemies. 
On Monday as well we were walking in the street and we passed a bus stop where there was a guy black out wasted on the bench. As we passed by he dropped his bottle and slowly leaned back and tried to catch himself, but he hit the ground. He then started to yell and moan so we kept going on our way. Once again children, do not do drugs or drink alcohol, only bad things will come.
I love the mission and love everything about it, I hope you are all doing well, do not forget to write!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Daniel 2

No comments:

Post a Comment