Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25, 2017 - Buena buena do not kill us

Hey everyone how are you doing? I am alive and well which is all good because I thought we were going to die this weekend, but it turned out all good, I mean what is the mission without a dude who wants to kill you am I right? And what is the mission without two guys who want to kill you?
Ok so first off lets start with the happy news about the people that we are teaching. Daniel our investigator who speaks English is on fire. We had a lesson with him yesterday and put a baptismal date down with him for the 26 of November and he is super excited. He always has great questions when we go by and visit him and he is progressing and putting in work towards his date. As well we learned a very important lesson about member missionary work. Daniel told us that his friend in the US has been talking him alot about the church and the Gospel, and Daniel has been able to recieve help and guidance when we are not around. I know that as we as members work together with the missionaries we can both see the fruits of our labors. As well we have been having great progress with our Haitian investigators. I finally put the goal to study hard kreyol, the language that the Haitian speak, so that we can better present our message to them, and at the same time help them with their Spanish. I am so excited to learn the language of my homies and best friends, the Haitians are my yuntas and cabros. Overall the work is going great, we have been having success and we are loving the opporotuinity to help and teach Gods children. 
Ok so fun story of the week! On Sunday night we were in the street in a mas o menos flite part of our sector walking back to meet up with a member at the chapel. From the side of the street this dude rises up to come over and talk to us. He was about 5 foot 6 but tatted up from head to toe and he was a buff dude. He walked towards us and his beer splashed out of his bottle, so that was probably why he was mad when he started to talk. But he yelled at us and told us to leave or he was going to hurt us and make us regret being in his country. We politely said sorry, and then turned to leave and he moved to grab me, but I just said good bye, have a good night and kept on walking. We survived! The flites are usually my homies, but I guess this guy was just having a bad day, it was probably because he did not go to church that morning. Always go to church, it will make you happy!
Part 2. On monday I was on a div with our district leaders and this tatted up dude just started talking to his friend in front of us and made a joke that he was going to attack us. Nothing happened, so it is all good, and then we found some Haitians listening to Justin Bieber in the street, so we went to talk with them. Overall, it was an exciting two days.
I hope you are all doing well! I love the mission, pasamos la piola and as well I grow more closer to my Savior. We are all safe, love you!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Exodo 19

IMG_0476.JPG
A Cars kite fell into our yard the other day
IMG_0482.JPG
We visited an altar today
IMG_0494.JPG
Senior pics 2017
IMG_0473.JPG
I am a Chilean
IMG_0490.JPG
Bunch of smog
IMG_0504.JPG
I love life
IMG_0500.JPG
Ripping some grass out of the ground
IMG_0497.JPG
Zone conference with the favorites!
IMG_0498.JPG
Pretty trees behind a metal fence
IMG_0509.JPG
What we do now that we are home
IMG_0513.JPG
I can sit up wooohooooo
IMG_0520.JPG
We ate bacon for the first time on my mission on Sunday
IMG_0523.JPG
Elder Grau left us, he got changed out, this is a bad picture of us
IMG_0516.JPG
Flowers
IMG_0526.JPG
Study session
IMG_0528.JPG
I love Elder Bennett
IMG_0557.JPG
Service pulling up grass
IMG_0543.JPG
Star Wars for PDay
IMG_0539.JPG
The Ortuzar family
IMG_0537.JPG
A nice park in my sector
IMG_0536.JPG
Ok mom I got your christmas card picture

No comments:

Post a Comment