Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January 10, 2018 - The Voice Chile Style

Hey everyone how are you doing? This last week was great, the homie Elder Bellido and I are on fire and the sector is on fire right now, and the streets are on fire because it is hot outside, and the trash fields are on fire because the glass people throw away gets hot and then lights the grass on fire, so overall everything is on fire!  But hey, I was raised in Arizona for a reason, so it isnt too bad.
Ok so we got the week. Jhubytza is progressing like crazy, as well as her daughter Camila, they are both on fire doing their homework and compromisos and are really looking forward to their baptismal date on Febrero 12! Last night we had a family home evening as a ward in the chapel and Camila came and loved every part of it! I was in charge of playing the game because my companion calls me the "creative" one, so I brought a ton of ties and we had a giant 3 legged race, pictures and video to come. In my new ward, Los Robles, the members are great and are helping us out with activities and going to visit people, so the ward in and of itself is on fire as well. On Friday we went to the chapel to play soccer at night time and like 20 people showed up to play! It was dope and we were able to teach and fix appointments with people for this week to go by and visit them. One other investigator that we have that is progressing a ton is Mateo. Mateo is an 11 year old boy that we found walking in the street one day, he was playing soccer and we went up to talk to him and he immediately became our best friend. He now comes to every activity at church, and we are hoping as well that he will be coming to his baptism here in a month!
Story time. So on Saturday we went to a lessactive and investigators house because they invited us over for their birthday party and promised us free food, so of course, we went. We show up and they had a karaoke machine and all that they wanted was for the gringo to sing karaoke songs in English. So yes, I sang "Let it go" to a bunch of Chileans and they thought it was hilarious. Good thing they were just focused on hearing the English, becasue I am pretty sure I sung terrible, like really bad, but it is whatever.
No scary story this week, the only bad thing that happened was that some Elders in our zone called us the other day because they were getting chased by a guy with a big knife hahahahahhahaha.
Overall things are poppin, there was a guy from my old ward, Los Limoneros, that visited my family this week, so shout out to Felipe for visiting the fam.
I am so pumped to be on the mission, everything is awesome! Love the mission and I hope all of you are doing great as well!

Lve,
Elder Tilghman


1 Nefi 7









No comments:

Post a Comment