Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 31, 2018 - Dude, they are getting married

Hello everyone how are you doing? These last couple weeks have been great down here in Santiago. I had changes yesterday, and I am staying in the sector and my new companion is Elder Gavilanez from Quito, Ecuador! He is a stud and he is actually just about to finish his mission, he will go home at the end of this change, and I am super excited for the opportunity to be able to work with him and learn all that he has to teach me! As well pretty much our whole zone had changes this last week, so it will be really fun getting to know everyone in the up coming weeks! Big news of the day was that while we were playing soccer today I got stung by a bee, and then a few more came after me because I killed the one that stung me. So, I had to avoid the abejas. 
Ok so lets talk about the people. Well if everything turns out well, in the next 4 weeks we should be having 5 baptisms so we are super stoked! And there is one in particular that I am really excited about. We have been working with a member and her husband so that they can get married and he can be baptized, they are named Uber and Regina. Today we went with them this morning and they signed the papers to get married on the 24 of February, with Ubers baptism right after, we are super excited!!!! Plus, this morning, they asked me to be a witness for their marriage, so that was a great first experience that I have had here in the mission, we are so excited for them, I am pumped!!!!
As well we have met and be teaching a girl named Connie. She was baptized when she was little, but was never confirmed a member of the church, and she really wants to recieve the Holy Ghost, so she will be baptized and confirmed again on the 3 of March. She is super short, so every time we go over to her house she makes fun of me and calls me a skyscraper because she thinks I am so tall!
Finally we have Nico, remember the little kid I talked about a couple weeks ago? He still wants to be baptized as well, and the other week we ahd a lesson with them, we had just shared a scripture and he was pondering about what it said and I was going to say something but he held up his hand and told me to shut up so that he could think. Well, I shut up, he thought about it, and he is getting baptized!
Overall I am doing great, this has been awesome to be a part of the ward Los Robles and to be able to work with all of these wonderful people, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. Yes, sometimes there are hard times in our lives, but if we are patient and trust in our Father, he will help us to overcome the hardships that we may have here on this Earth. Love you all, have a great week!


Love,
Elder Tilghman


1 Nefi 7








No comments:

Post a Comment