Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15, 2017 - And... that is a pig


Hello my people! This week has been awesome and really has been a great week for me and my companion, and me personally as I am continuing to grow and learn more by the Spirit everday! This week has been great with meeting and talking to new people, and learning to overcome challenges that we have in order to become better people and disciples of Christ.

So this week was actually really fun in the sector with Elder Gowers, because the last week we did a ton of contacting because everyone is on vacation in Chile. But this week, we went back to the new people that we found in an effort to start teaching them and help them come and enjoy the blessings of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We still have about 6 investigadores on vacation, but we have also been able to find and meet some wonderful new people. First off one of the families that we found was a family who has grandparents who are members, so when we knocked on their door they let us right in and started talking to us. The husband does not have any belief in God, but he let us talk to him because he respects our work as missionaries. We started to talk with him and he looked us dead in the eyes and asked us why he needs God in his life. We talked about how He is our loving Heavenly Father who helps us, cries with us and cares for us always, and then invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray, and he said an enthusiastic yes! So that was pretty awesome, we will continue passing by to see how the family is doing. 

We also had the opporotunity to find and teach some new Haitian investigadores this week as well, and I know I have already said it, but I love the Haitians. They are so humble and willing to learn, we even had two come to church on Sunday. All of our lessons with them have been great and powerful, but it has been hard because they do not read Spanish, and we only have Book of Mormons in Spanish, so we are working with them step at a time and teaching through the Spirit. But those guys are awesome, I love them.

So the best part about my week I think happened today for P Day. So last week our Zone Leaders told us to bring money to our P Day today because we were going to roast a pig, but we all thought it would just be like pork chops or something. We showed up today and it was a whole hog. We had to skin it, gut it and basically clean and cook it all our selves today, and it was freaking awesome. It was probably one of the funnest things I have done in my life, let alone on my mission. We literally cooked up a whole 150 pound pig ahahhahahaha. (Pics to come on the blog9

I love you guys and I hope you are all doing good. I am proud to be enlisted in the Lords work, and I know that everyday for everyperson across the world He is watching over us and waiting for us to come unto Him. I love you and pray for you, take care!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Mateo 27


IMG_0280.JPG
We got these hats with the zone like 10 minutes before
IMG_0283.JPG
Mis cabros, we play the ball and teach the gospel
IMG_0285.JPG
These next few pics are viewer discretion advised, so I have no idea if my mom will put them on the blog will not, it is up to her, but that pig is called Betty, and she is dead
IMG_0289.JPG
And now she is even more dead, she did taste really good
IMG_0281.JPG
Some little puppies we found in the street on the way to service
IMG_0284.JPG
bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment