Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 10, 2017 - Rain, Rain, Go Away


There is so much rain. Maybe it is just me being an Arizona boy and never ever had rain in my life, but it feels like this past week is has rained everyday. It is not bad or hard rain, it just makes all of the streets really muddy and slippery and the streets run with dog poop. Like I said last week, dogs are demons. 

It has been a good week for us, we are really working hard and progressing. I know this is going to sound like deep revelation, but this week we really found out and appreciated that working through the members is the way to do missionary work. We have really been doing a ton of street contacting these last few weeks, and nothing has really worked out for us. Then one  morning during our companionship study we got the idea to work through the members and have them give us references for people that we can teach, so that these people will not feel weird about the church, so that is what we have done. We have been visiting a couple members, or less active members each day to share the message of the Restoration with them to get them excited about sharing the gospel, and they have commited to sharing with someone else, so we are excited to see the results of our labors!

As far as our current investigators go, they are still progressing and working to overcome their individual problems so that they can go to church, leave behind old habits and work to better their lives. We had a cool experience on Sunday when a family of Hatians walked into the church half way through our first hour and Elder Gates and I got really excited, but then we found out they were being taught by the other Elders and arrived to church at the wrong time, but still they came! We are working to get better everyday and help others reach and enjoy the light of the gospel of Christ in their lives.  

Ok so cool and funny story of the week. So dogs and I have not been getting along reciently I do not know what it is, it is like they have all decided to turn on me. Anyway on Monday we were walking along in this little dirt field and these two dogs decide to go beserk and run at us. Little did they know I was not having it with dogs that day, so I started to run at them. They got scared and ran back to where they came. If this keeps up either I or the dogs are going to die before I leave this sector I swear. I hope I win.

This was a great week and some great work that we are putting in here in Condell, I am really excited to see where the Lords work will take us in our time here! I love you all and hope you have a good week! Happy Mothers Day!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Exodus 20:12
IMG_0214.JPG
Got the birthday package from the family, love you guys!
IMG_0208.JPG
Chilling in the hood at night with the camera, not going to do that again
IMG_0217.JPG
Sweater weather
IMG_0212.JPG
We got a ton of bread the other day so I felt like a true Chilean



No comments:

Post a Comment