Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 14, 2017 - Panflutes and Police


Hey everyone, this was a really cool week, we had some great lessons and contacts, and we had stake conference this weekend to wrap everything up. And of course as usual, life keeps getting stranger and stranger in the ghetto of Santiago. Who would have ever thought that the ghetto of Santiago could ever be the most exciting and interesting place on earth?

This past week was good for Elder Gates and I. We were able to talk and meet with a bunch of our Haitian investigators on a regualar basis last week and we fixed two baptismal dates with the ones that are fluent in English! They are called Sammy and Mathieu, they are great guys with great desires to serve and follow God and it has been awesome getting to meet and know them. They have come to church and are both reading the Book of Mormon, so we are getting excited for their baptismal dates and we are praying that they continue with their desires to learn. We have a couple other investigators that are progressing, but most of the people when we go to their house say that they are too cold to come talk to us and that they want to stay in their house, but it is what it is. We have an investigator whose name is Connie who is pretty cool. We found her going through a list of old investigators and she wants us to come by and start teaching again. She is taking cooking classes in her highschool, so she gives us cake and other stuff a lot when we pass by, delicious. 

This weeks funny story of the week was a little embarrasing. So we had to go into Santiago downtown on Friday to do some VISA stuff for my companion and we had to pay with a little card to get on the bus. I used my last charge when I got on, so I knew I had to recharge before I got on to ride again, so I felt fine. All of the sudden the bus gets stopped by the police and they scan everyones card to see if they had money on it or not, so that they could ride the bus. Well, they scanned my card and saw it had nothing, so we had to get off the bus and I had to present all of my papers and in the end, the policeman waved us on with a pat on the back. But the whole bus saw the little gringo get pulled off the bus by the police so that was fun. And on the way back we took the subway to get to a different part we had to go to and two guys got on with like the panflute that Peter Pan uses in the movie. They started rocking out playing soul songs, so that was pretty cool, they played really good.

Overall of course I am loving the mission, and loving the things that we are doing. I hope that you are all well and that you have a safe week!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Marcos 5:41

IMG_0295.JPG
My main man Elder Maiaitusi is leaving in two weeks!
IMG_0303.JPG
Elder Allred is leaving as well
IMG_0307.JPG
And Elder Smith!
IMG_0308.JPG
Topalda is not leaving, I just saw him today
IMG_0305.JPG
I love these guys
IMG_0289.JPG
Top view of a Chilean street fair
IMG_0288.JPG
Cloudy, rainy day in Santiago


No comments:

Post a Comment