Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 20, 2017 - Bring the House Down ... Ouch


Well ok my email will be pretty much one big story this week because I know my mom is dying to hear it, and it was the majority of my week. 

Long story short, I fell off a roof and broke 2 ribs.

See you all next week!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



No just kidding I could not do that to my mom. Ok so lets get down to talking. So on Saturday we went to a service as the entire zone because there was a giant house in someones ward that got burned down in the night, so we went to go rip everything out. They wanted us to take apart everything and destroy it all so that they could start from the ground up and rebuild everything, so basically my job was to take a hammer and go smash everything to little tiny pieces. Awesome. So about 8 of us Elders got onto the second story of the house and started to break stuff up and throw it down onto the ground. We threw out all of the furniture, the bathroom, walls, toys and everything else because it all got burned. Well once we had the walls and roof off, I went over to a corner of the house to go and take out a beam of burnt wood so that we could take the roof between the second and first floors out. But, I forgot that I was in Chile and they build some parts of their houses with styrofoam. So right as I got to the edge, I thought I was going to step on a secure part of the roof, but my left leg went straight through a patch of burned styrofoam and I started to fall to the ground. Luckily, I threw my leg up on a piece of wood that was jutting out and I stopped my fall, but I slammed my back against the wall super hard, and thus I broke 2 ribs. Woooohooooo. So Saturday was a fun day we went to the hospital and they had to give me some medicines and did some exams and then sent me on my way and told me to wait a week or two and heal up and they I should be good to go. I am definitely very blessed nothing else happened, I could have broken way many more bones, but I am glad I did not. Once again, I know that God protects His missionaries. 

So, the rest of my week was basically staying inside all day because I cannot leave so that I can get better. Elder Atkinson has been doing diviisions with people so that he can go out and work and not go crazy like me inside all day. We have played a ton of Uno and Monpoly and I have never studied for so much and so much time in my entire life. But, on Saturday I should be good to leave, so we will hope for the best!

But that was my week, I mean what is a mission without a trip to the hospital am I right? I just always thought it would be because I was mauled by a dog, but who would have thought that it would be my ownself that brought about my fall? But hopefully nextweek we will have some great news, love you all and let me know how you are doing!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment