Thursday, September 28, 2017

September 27, 2017 - They think they are so funny

Woohooo this last week was a great week because we got to go out of the house and finally get back to work on Saturday! I still have the broken ribs, it is not too bad, but we can finally get back out onto the street. I never in my life thought that I would miss the smell of dirty roads covered in dog poop and garbage, but it is the most magical smell in the world because that means I am not stuck inside the house. Ok deep breath, lets begin.
So as far as our people go, they are progressing well. After the week of being in the house, we lost contact with alot of our investigators, so the last few days we have been repassing by their houses to catch back up with them and teach them and see how they have been. Yesterday we went to the house of a Haitian investigator named Dezama and after a week of not seeing him I knew there would be changes in his house. But I was not expecting him to have a child! He told us his wife gave birth to their daughter early, and when we passed by yesterday Dezama was holding her in his arms, it was so cool. We then taught about the Plan of Salvation and testified about the value of eternal families, it was a great lesson. On Monday Elder Atkinson and I were in the street on our way to a lesson and since we cannot use our bikes now, we decided to do a few contacts in between every appointment, and we contacted an elderly man on the side of the road. He was going home and we found out he lives really close to us, we were able to talk and fix an appointment. We then started doing that in between every lesson, and we have had a ton of new investigators! Overall it has been a good past couple of days. 
Ok so the funny story of the week. so on Sunday we showed up to church and I saw the young men in the ward dying in the back corner of the chapter, so I went over there to ask them what was going on. They had found out I fell off of a roof and they found a video on youtube of a bunch of little Argentinan kids on the roof of a shed and they were filming themselves. Then they fell off as well, and teh young men did a video edit and put my face on the faces of the people that fell off. They think they are sooooo funny. So now everytime that I see one of them they start breaking out in laughter and cannot control themselves. Well, I can check off getting bullied by a bunch of Chilean teenagers from my bucket list. 
I am loving the mission and everything that we are doing and the work that we are putting in. I would not rather be anywhere else. I hope everyone back at home is good, have a good week!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


1 Nefi 13


No comments:

Post a Comment