Wednesday, September 6, 2017

September 6, 2017 - I can ride my bike with no handlebars


Alright so we got some big news this week. I can now ride with no handlebars. I was pretty proud of myself. The other day we were riding around and a little girl saw us riding with no handlebars and stopped in the street and just looked at us with her mouth wide open in shock until we left. As well as learning how to ride with no handlebars this last week was a great week for us.

We have been able to find a ton of new people to teach the gospel to. There is a ton of potential here in our sector and we are very excited! Last week we went to a park in our sector and chained our bikes up and decided we were not going to leave until we got new people to teach and taught a lesson. We walked over to a group of teenagers playing ping pong and we played for a few minutes and then they all listened to us as we taught a lesson, and we have continued to teach them this week! We are so excited because it means a ton of potential for our ward with not a lot of young men and young women. On Saturday we also had a good experience. We were contacting in a diiferent park and started to talk with a young family. We had a great talk about eternal families and how to have one, and we found out they are from Venezuela and are really eager to learn the gospel. I know that under proper Preisthood authority and the convenants we can make with God we have the opportunity to have eternal familes and to live with them forever. 

Ok so funny story of the week. We had lunch yesterday with some members and as we were talking and eating ice cream their little 8 month year old son started to cry and scream. So the mom did what I would have done and took a spoon of ice cream and gave it to him. It got real quiet as we watched to see what was happening and the little kid started smiling with the biggest smile ever on his face. But the funny part is he stayed with the same smile on his face for 20 more minutes. I can relate to the little guy, sometimes icecream is the best part of my day too. 

Ok I have just decided to throw in a part on my email everyweek about my dog stories. I honestly hate these things. I am sorry to all you dog lovers out there, but you have never met Chilean street dogs. These things need their own page in Wikipedia. So last week we went to do a service with some other elders. I had a shovel in my hand as we were riding and a dog decides to come run at me from a side street. I let it get close and then hit it on the head as I was riding. The dogs ran away. I was happy. One day they will learn obedience. Like I have said before, one of us is not leaving here alive.

Overall it has been a great week. I love the mission and I love the work and I love the Lord! Keep writing!



Lvoe,

Elder Tilghman



Alma 6

No comments:

Post a Comment