Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20, 2017 - I´m dreaming of a Crazy Christmas

Hello everyone this past week was great! My companion Elder Lindow and I had changes ... sort of. I was called to a different area, but we live with those Elders, so all I did was move rooms and change all of my stuff around, but I am living in the same house! It was a little crazy but really funny recieving that change call! My new companion is Elder Bellido, he is from Argentina. I have known him for a long time here in the mission, we have lived together, worked together and he used to be my District Leader down in San Bernardo, so it really is not like I have a new companion because I already know him pretty well! This past week was a little different, but really fun, I enjoyed it a ton.
So the people. I was sad to leave my last sector, Los Limoneros, we saw a ton of miracles and success there and I know that they are in good hands and will continue to progress. I am now in a new area called Los Robles, and the area is massive, it is the biggest sector I think I have had in my mission, but we do not have bikes so it is all walking. We have a few baptisms lineed up and we have been focusing on talking with new people and getting the message of the restored gospel out there for everyone else to hear, so it has been some great work! I do not really know anyone so far because I just got here, but I will keep you all updated on the situation. But of course, we already have some Haitians that we are teaching wooohoooo!
So this email is going to full of a bunch of funny stuff because that is all that I have to talk about.
Ok on Sunday we were walking back home from church from a rough week. Something happened last week and some flite said something to us that was pretty rough and word got out to the ward members. One of the members who is getting reactivated came up to us after church to talk to us. When he was younger (and he still is) he was a big time gangster and he heard about our situation that we had. He came up to us and said and I quote "Elderes, who did that to you? You tell me right now and I will go get my boys and that person will no longer continue to exist. I will take a Book of Mormon and put it through his head." It was hilarious!!!!!!!! Like I always say, the flites are our best friends so they always have our back. But no we did not tell him who it was, we do not want anyone to get hurt.
Ok so yesterday Elder Bellido and I were walking in the street and we walked down a nice little alley way with lights strung across the street to decorate for Christmas. But then I realized that they were not lights, they were all beer cans. The people used their empty beer cans as decorations for Christmas hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah.
so that was my week, overall pretty good. Have a great Christmas everyone!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Alma 26





No comments:

Post a Comment