Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 27, 2017 - Soccer and Santa

Hey hey everyone I hope you all had a great Christmas! I was so happy to be able to see and talk with my family and see how they were all doing, I love those guys so much! Ok so excuse the bad grammar in this email it will probably be bda, it is like 100 degrees out side and my fingers are wet with sweat woo hoooo!
Ok so lets start with the people. Last week my companion and I had a ton of succcess in getting out and finding some new people to teach. One of our new people is a family with the dad is a lessa active member and the mom is not a member of the church. They are pretty deep down into drogas, but they want to change and get out so we are going by to help them out and to see that the light of Christ reaches down even to the deepest of the hole they are into. However the crazy thing is, I actually taught these people before. In one of my old wards, Condell, I taught the dad of this family, his name is Freddy! I taught him for a couple of weeks right when I got to my old ward, but then he moved and left the house where he was living with his mom and we never heard anymore from him. But then last Wednesday we went to go to an appointment with a man my companion had met beofre and he told me "Oh yeah his name is Freddy and he lived in another area a few months ago and we just met him last week". We walked in the door and it was the same guy I taught before! He came up and gave me a hug and we talked a little bit about life and caught up, and the whole time my companion was thinking that we were best friends, Freddy and I. That was a cool moment lat week! We also found lsat week a kid named Nico. He used to listen to the missionaries antes, but he decided it was not right for him so he stopped listening about 4 months ago. We stopped by last week, he invited us in and he told us he was ready to make changes in his life! This week has been a week of miracles for sure!
As well here in our mission we can play soccer with the people on the street as a way to contact them and then to began to teach them, and we have been doing a lot of it. On Friday we had a ton of kids at the chapel and we played a game with them out back. Yesterday we did the same thing, and all of the members have bveen bringing their friends, so we have been able to teach them all the Gospel, play soccer, and get a return appointment, it is so sweet. Love soccer. 
Well I am going to say the same thing that you have probably already heard from the other 15 missionaries whose emails you get everyweek. I know that Jesus lives, and I know he has His Gospel. Thanks to him we have what we have, and he gives us the greatest blessing of all, the opporotunity to lifve with Him and our families forever. He is the Reason and the Word.

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Lucas 2











No comments:

Post a Comment