Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6, 2017 - One Mans Trash is Another Mans Treasure

Well this week we got another opporotunity to go and clean a hoarders house! This one was massive, it was one of the highlights of the week, and we found some weird stuff down there in the trash, it is crazy the stuff that lives down there! This week as well we had some more miracles down in Santiago, the people are amazing and loving and I am so grateful to be serving with them!
Ok so the people. Fernando is progressing great, he could not go to church on Sunday becuase he went out of town with his parents, but he is ready to come again this week. He has been inviting his friends and family members to listen to us because he loves the gospel and the chance that he has to share it, and I am grateful for the chance to teach Fernando! During our time working with Fernando, it has been amazing to see the power of the Holy Ghost working and teaching while we present the message, I have had the priveledge to see the change in Fernando and the way in which he is coming to trust more and more in his Savior. On Monday we had a huge miracle. We contacted a man named Luis in his house a few weeks back and we felt on Monday that we should go and visit him again. We decided to go straight to his house and to teach him the message of the Restoration. We arrived at his house, and a few weeks ago when we met him he was impatient and did not want to listen to us, but on Monday that all changed. He answered the door happy to talk to us and even invited us inside to teach him more about the pamphlet that we had left him to read, and he read it! He had great questions for us and was very receptive and accepted a baptismal date for the first week of January! Once again, if we listen to the Spirit, He can guide us to the prepared people to hear the gospel. I am humbled for the chance to be an instrument in the hands of God, that he would choose someone like me to be His missionary humbles me to the core. That He would trust me with the salvation of His children is the greatest and most wonderful challenge I have had.
So on Monday as well in the morning with other missionaries we went to clean a hoarders house. This one was full, but full of trash to the brim. So we started to pull out stuff and in the stuff I found a jewel. I found a lightsaber! I got someone to take a picture of me in my biohazard suit so I will be sure to send that to you guys. 
Overall things are on fire in our sector, they are going great! It has been awesome to see the difference in the ward from when we got here to today. From an unanimated and sad ward and investigators to a vibrant, funny community is the best, people are finally starting to warm up enough to laugh at my lame jokes!

Love,
Elder Tilghman

Moroni 10:14
Alma 13:24

























No comments:

Post a Comment