Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7, 2018 - The Trash has been taken out


I am tired. But it is all good, I think last week was the greatest week of my mission as far as teaching and finding and getting people to church. We were outside a ton, and we were able to teach a buch of people, so it was a good week. 
Ok so the people. Homeboy Mateo is progressing like a champ, we went and talked with his parents and they are totally onboard that he can get baptized here next weekend, and we are super excited as well! We had an appointment with Mateo in the chapel eysterday and he brought one of his friends as well to come and listen to us. At the end of the lesson they decided to run around and do parkour on all of the eletrical boxes and stuff at the church, and of course, they fell off. But it is all good! No one got hurt and they lurned a lesson about not doing dumb things! As well we are teaching a guy named Marcelo, we met him yesterday. We knocked on his dorr and he left his house, and was eating a sandwich, and did not have his shirt on. He let us talk with him outside and he wants to learn more about Jesus, and even accepted a baptismal date in the first lesson, the maquina. On Sunday we went to the Peruvian families house, Regina and Uber and we talked with them. We had just gotten out of lunch and I was stuffed, and they gave us a massive plate of seafood to eat, I ate what I could and then tried to act like the rest did not exist because I could not eat anymore. The little daughter walks in and said "Elder Tilghman if you do not eat alot, how are you so fat?" That made me feel great.
Overall things are going great, I do not have too much to report this week. On Friday we had a metting with President and all of the leaders in the mission and we talked about things we can do to help the missionareis and to help the mission grow and expand. I am super excited for the changes that are coming, it is going to be really awesome! And on Monday we had a meeting with a couple Zone Leaders in the South Part of the mission, but the best part was, we had free Dunkin Donuts!!!!!!!!! Definitely the highlight of the day.
Overall things are going great, love the mission more and more as each day passes, and I love the poeple more and more as I intereact and work with them. I love yo uall and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tilghman

Index of the Scriptures: Jesus Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment