Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 7, 2018 - BOOM, TOMA


Ok so this week was dope, we had a great week and we were able to get a lot done. As I speak there is a Peruvian Elder looking over my sholder at my monitor so we will see if his English pays off and he can understand what I am about to say, ok Elder Terrel we will see if you understand.
This week was a great week! So we found a Columbian couple a couple weeks ago ad we are now teaching them, and they are awesome, they have the best questions for us abou the Book of Mormon and God and His Plan. On Monday we went and had an appointment with them and we presented them the Book of Mormon and they both said "We need to read this book to know if what you guys teach is true, come back on Thursday and we will have read the most we can so that we can ask you mas questions." So I am realy excited for our appointment tomorrow, it is going to be bacan siiiiiiiiiii. Last week as well we met and were abe to teach a ton of new people. So down here in Chile during February is summer and everyone decides to take their vacations at the same time, so for 2 weeks all of the investigators we had were out of town so we had to spend the whole time finding new people to teach, so we have had a ton of new people! One of these new persons is Natalia. On Friday we were in a division and i was with an Elder named Elder Wattles. It was about 5 in the afternoon and I had already sweated through my shirt so we decided to go knock on a door and ask about a reference we had gotten for someone the week before. Said person did not live there, but Natalia did. She was super receptive and nice to us and she gave us a glass of juice without us asking (I think she saw the rivers of sweat on our faces and felt bad for us). But we talked with her and taught a little bit about our purpose and she was super receptive and told us to come and speak with her and her family again! Piola, pulento, bacan siiiiiiiiiiii. Overall it has been pretty awesome.
Ok so story of the week. So we were walking in the street the other day and we saw a bunch of Chileans picking on a Haitian in the street and it looked like the Hatian was having a rough time, but then all of the sudden he turns around and nails one of the Chileans in the face and laid him out on the concrete and then walked away. Needless to say, it was freaking awesome.
I love the mission, and so does my companion, he actually will finish his mission on Monday and goes home, I love you Gavilanez, I will miss you a ton big guy. It is going to be weird seeing him go, I have learned a ton from him and I am going to miss him around. But, when there is a beginning there is always an end.
Love,
Elder Tilghman
2 Nefi 19:6







No comments:

Post a Comment