Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 14,2016 - ¿Qué Tal? Play Ball


Ok so this week has had so much stuff go on, it has been nuts. First off I think I should start with some background about the CCM, which is where I am at right now to learn Spanish. This place is very big, over 90 acres, and it used to be an old high school, so there is a gym, auditorium, classrooms, cafeteria, track, basketball courts and there are about 50 houses on the campus as well as two dormitories. All together this place can house about 1300 people, so it is huge and very green and pretty. Every day my Spanish keeps improving and my compañero and I speak to each other in Spanish all the time, and we talk and sit with the Latino missionaries at meals, which helps us to learn. The only times we speak English is when we have to talk to our district, because they cannot understand us, and I am started to have a little trouble talking in English, because I will say the Spanish word hahahah. This week Elder Aurich left early on Monday morning, so I had to say goodbye to him Sunday night and it was hard, he is such a good friend and role model. I will miss seeing him for two years, because it is hard to let one of your best friends go, but I know he will be doing great things out in his mission in New York. Before Elder Aurich left on Sunday I gave a talk in our church meeting that morning about the Book of Mormon and how it is another testimony of Christ, and I think I did well, and I spoke Spanish during the entire time. Someone who I respect alot and really look up to told me this week that I need to start maturing if I want to learn and grow some more, and my district and I have really taken it to heart. This week as we go about our studies and lessons, we have an accountability system where people can start knowing when they are being mature, and it has been great and I have learned to be better. This week during our gym time, after we work out we have been playing basketball, ping pong or soccer, and our district is good at everyone of these games. Whenever we are having a bad day we go and play ball and we all feel alot better, and I am becoming pretty good at basketball and ping pong. And I do not know if all the other elders here are just bad at soccer, but when we play with them it is so fun because I can mop the floor with all of them. Elder Langston and I have been playing ping pong alot also, and he is very good, but my skills are definitely getting better, and I finally beat him in a game this morning. On Monday our sheets in our room get washed by the staff that is here, but apparently they forgot to do it, they took all of our sheets, but never brought them back to our rooms, so we all had to sleep on the dirty Mexican mattresses in our rooms, and I hope the stains on them were from old age and not something else. Anyway, it made me appreciate the fact of all of the blessings that we have in America, and it made me humble myself and recognize all the blessings we have in our lives that we take for granted. So I found out what the noise was at nights, the Mexicans here love to worship the Virgin Mary, so whenever they are really feeling that they are worshipping well, they light off fireworks, and apparently they love to worship her at 3 in the morning. If you want to see all my cool pictures, go check out my blog, I think I put the right address at the top. Anyway this week has been great, and I can feel myself learning and growing everyday, and I know I am not usually the most spiritual guy, but I am going to put a short little verse of what I have been studying in the end of my emails. Love all of you!

éxodo 19:5

Ahora pues, si dais oído a mi voz y guardáis mi convenio, vosotros seréis mi especial tesoro sobre todos los pueblos, porque mía es toda la tierra.

Love,

Elder Tilghman

IMG_0056.JPG
We are the new Beatles
IMG_0059.JPG
Me and el jefe
IMG_0055.JPG
This is our dormitory, and yes my bed is on the left, I am clean now, those are my shirts that I have to iron later today.
IMG_0052.JPG
Our intense ping pong match
IMG_0047.JPG
THE basketball squad at the CCM
IMG_0044.JPG
Yeah no biggie, I can almost dunk


No comments:

Post a Comment