Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 21, 2016 - Ustedes siempre "cheeling"

Ok so this week has really been amazing, I am loving my time here in the CCM, and I know that I will definitely recieved a shock once I get to the mission field. So this week has been good, I have the same schedule everyday here, so not much happens during the normal days, we wake up at 6:30, go to breakfast and then class, go to lunch and then class, go to dinner and then, yep you guessed it, we go to class until about 9:30. I love it. This is so much better than high school because here you actually learn something that will be useful to you in your life. I still do not know why we are required to take four years of English in High school if we already know it, they should require four years of a foreign language instead. But really I have rediscovered my love for learning here because I can really throw myself into a topic and continue to read and study all the time, it is great.
Even though things are pretty normal during the day, there are definietly funny points and cool teaching experiences in the day. Our teacher we have at night always seems to see me and my compañero Elder Flores as we are leaving the bathroom, so everyday he always says "Ustedes siempre cheeling" and he says it in his little latino accent and it cracks me up, and then we trade jokes in Spanish and we have a good time. On Sunday there were an excessive amount of fireworks at like 3 in the morning, so me and my companion woke up because we could not sleep and watched them for a few minutes, and then went back to bed. It was really cool because it reminded me that I am out here serving to help bring a spark into other peoples lives and light up there life, just how a firework lights up the night sky in Mexico. All. Night. Long. The days here are passing really quickly because I have a great district who gets along really well. 
During the afternoons we have big portions of language study time, and after I do all of my assignments, I tutor the rest of my district in Spanish because I seem to be getting it the fastest. During meal times and walking in between  classes this week I have been telling our district about the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars because they all wanted some entertainment in their lives hahahha. I try to tell as much of it as I can in Spanish, but it is hard, I like it because it challenges me, and I also like it because I get to tell about stuff that I like, I know that sounds really nerdy. 
This week we got a ton of new missionaries here at the CCM, and one of them is Elder (Kyle) MacDonald! He is a really great guy and I have been talking to him a lot this week and he is such a good guy. Seeing him here has made me realized how much I have grown both in the language and in the gospel since I got here, and it is crazy how much you grow up and learn while on your mission. This week our district alost got a new teacher in the morning, and she just got back from her mission in Chile about nine months ago, and she talked to us in Chilean Spanish and I almost cried because it is so fast, and apparently Chileans like to drop their "s" sound when they talk. I could understand barely, but I know that the field is going to be fun for the first few months. Oh and I guess I should say, but 6 of the elders in our district are going to either Chile Santiago North or South on their missions, and both the hermanas are. Only one Elder is going somewhere else, and he is going to Tempe Arizona, so I told him my family would visit him.
This week I finally beat Elder Langston in ping pong, so apparently I am progressing in more ways than just my attitude and language skills. However, it was like a plague came through the CCM this week, every one was getting sick, and I was lucky that I did not because it was a nasty stomach bug. Things are going really well out here, although I do have to say I miss math because that is one language that does not change when you cross country lines hahahah. Things are going great, I pray for you all and I hope you all are doing good. Miss you all, but I know that missionary work is very important and that I am meant to serve in Chile. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Tilghman
Alma 38:11
Procura no ensalzarte en el orgullo sí procura no jactarte de tu propia sabiduria, no de tu mucha fuerza.

Sent from my IPhone

IMG_0072.JPG
Our favorite place to hang in down time (The post office)
IMG_0067.JPG
Elder Kyle MacDonald in the flesh
IMG_0062.JPG
I just like this head
IMG_0068.JPG
I like this head too
IMG_0064.JPG
The typical mission pic with your mission. Too bad I have to sit on the hallway floor to get to mine.
IMG_0071.JPG
This is Elder Scott, him and I are the only Elders going to Santiago South
IMG_0069.JPG
This is Elder Langston, he is a ping pong master and I just beat him this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment