Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 26, 2016 - SHARK!


I love life so much right now it is amazing. This week was full of some big changes, and also some sad moments, but as always I am loving the mission. This week was a week of awesome food and learning opporotunities. 

So this week we got our transfer calls, and Elder Jones and I had to end our time together, but I get to stay in my sector! Elder Jones is leaving to the zone just across the freeway, but we will not see each other as often, but I am so grateful for our time together. But with that being said, I got my new companion yesterday Elder Topalda from Argentina! He is a great guy with a funny and dedicated personality and it is great being with him because I get to practice my Spanish all the time now! It is definitely different speaking Spanish all day everyday, but I can already see the improvement and I am always learning. Because he is from Argentina Elder Topalda talks in a different accent, whenever there are the letters "ll" he says it like the "sh" sound so I was super confused for our first five minutes together hahahhaha. I know that we are going to see a ton of amazing fruits here in our sector during this change as long as we stay obedient and stay working hard! 

As our investigators go they are progressing and working on reading the Book of Mormon! We have an awesome investigator named Rudolfo and he is really looking for an answer to know if this church is true, so we taught him the importance of reading and praying in order to find answers, and we left him the the commitment to read and he said yes! Rudolfo is awesome because he also helps me with my Spanish because he speaks really good English, he sounds just like a gringo. We also have another investigator with a baptismal date, and we have a ton of less active members who continue to progress every day. However, it was sad this week when we went to visit the Haitians. Elder Jones and I went to their house and they looked at us through the window and then did not answer their phones, so it hurt to see that they dropped us, but you have to respect people and their decisions. But overall, things are great in Parque Combarbalá.

So down here in Chile are things called ferias, which is basically a giant street fair where they sell everything you could ever want. One morning Elder Jones and I finished a morning contacting session and we were walking through the feria when we found... SHARK! So of course we had to buy some shark meat and see how it tasted, and let me say, it was probably one of the best things I have ever eaten. It was like a T Bone steak from the ocean, delicious. I hope Elder Topalda and I can find some more one day because shark is really tasty.

Overall things are great and going good. The work is progressing and I am seeing the help of my Father in Heaven everyday in my life. I hope all of you are doing good!



Love,

Elder Tilghman


Sister Gwilliam posted this picture on Facebook.  Grateful she can end the picture drought for now.  Hopefully, the card reader will arrive soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment