Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December 28, 2016 - Im Dreaming of a Rainy Christmaaaaas.


Merry Christmas everyone! Christmas this year was a blast, and it was definetley different than all of my other holidays at my house hahahhaa. This past week has been filled with great times and fun moments in remembering the birth of our Savior and also being able to appreciate His power and influence in our lives.

Ok so this past week was filled with mission and ward parties all week. Last Friday we had a party as a mission down in the mission office with all of the Elderes and Hermanas, so that meant that I got to see my old companion Elder Jones! It was great to catch up with him and talk with him, as well as some of the other friends I have made around the mission that I do not get to see very often. The party was great, we had a talent show, and then we had a present exchange, and we wrapped it all up with a Christmas devotional where we told the Christmas story with songs and scriptures. Overall it was awesome, and I cannot wait to do it all again next year! On Saturday we had dinner with a member family from our ward, and I loved it because this family is like my favorite people here in the ward, so it was good to relax with them and eat some cake. On Sunday we only had one hour of church, and the men from our ward sang a Christmas song, so Elder Topalda and I joined them too! And of course, later in the afternoon I got to talk with my family which was awesome, and also a little weird because I think my brothers voice dropped. 

Overall I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be here in Santiago. During the last month of December I have really thought a lot about Christ and how when we do the things that draw us nearer to Him, we recieve more of his love and light in our lives, and we start to change. I am so grateful for His sacrifice and His birth. It is because of him that I can be saved from my sins and the the opporotunity to live with my family forever in a state of peace and joy with my Father in Heaven. I hope you are all doing good and that all of you had a Merry Christmas! Next time I write it will be January, so I will see you all next year! 



Love,

Elder Tilghman



3 Nefi 17

IMG_0079.JPG
Burned a tie for the 6 month mark
IMG_0090.JPG
The Elderes from the CCM!
IMG_0101.JPG
Christmas Eve Dinner!
IMG_0108.JPG
Elder Jones! We played water dodgeball today as part of one of his last P Days in the mission, he leaves in two weeks!
IMG_0100.JPG
This little kid kills me, his name is Moroni

No comments:

Post a Comment