Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December 7, 2016 - We would love to eat food with you


Life is awesome! The days go by so fast I feel stressed out that we do not have enough time in the day to get everything accomplished that we want to get done. But, I will take busy days over slow days any day of the week. The mission had a change this last week, but I am still with Elder Topalda in the same sector, which means I will be in this ward for the first six months of my mission! I would not have it any other way, I love the members, investigators, less actives and all of the random dogs that live in our sector, and I would not change it for the world.

This week overall was a good week. Elder Topalda and I have been working hard to find and teach more investigators, or people who have never heard about the Gospel and would like to learn more. That means almost everday we are passing by references from members or other missionaries and we are doing a lot of contacting, in the street, on the bus or in the Metro. I honestly love it because we get to talk to so many different people from so many different walks of life everyday, and it is amazing to see how the Gospel can help each one of them in their lives, even though they are all different. This week in church we got a new bishop, our old bishop (Bishop Jara) was released and his brother in law was called as the new bishop (Bishop Villaroel). I will definently miss Jara, but I am excited to work with Villaroel because we have a lot to do to help him as he makes this transition. 

On Friday we had divisions with our District Leaders, so I left Parque Combarbalá and went over a few wards to Brisas. During the day we were doing some contacting and we knocked on a door and we talked to a teenager who came to talk with us. Later his mom came out and we started to talk and during the middle of our discussion she stopped us and asked if we would like to come by in three days to have dinner with their family. I looked at Elder Guitierrez in shock because that never happens, and then we said yes and fixed a time to come back. That moment for me was a miracle that we were able to find this family and have them be so receptive to the gospel.

I am doing great, loving everyday out in the heat! There is no other place in the world that I would rather be right now, and I know that Heavenly Father needs me to help with this work for his children. I hope you all are good, love you!



Love,

Elder Tilghman

No comments:

Post a Comment