Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August 30, 2017 - Go to the bathroom and go to teach

Ok so this week was an awesome week! So since I am with my new companion Elder Atkinson who does not know any Spanish, I have the chance to teach him what all of the weird phrases and things are down here, I will explain more at the end of the email. But as always, this week was amazing, I absolutely love the mission and the work that we do. 
Ok so we will focus on the people. Last week we had a lesson with a recent convert and his sister and we had planned to teach them about the Gospel of Christ and the doctrine that he taught. As soon as we sat down with them at the church to talk, we felt prompted to change. We had a lesson on the pure power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We testified that he is our Savior and Redemeer and that as missionaries we help others to make sacred covenants with Him in order to have more access to his atoning power in our lives. It was an amazing lesson and the spirit was so strong, in the end of the lesson the sister of the recent convert put her own baptismal date for the 14 of October. I testify and I know that we must listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Not only will we have the opporotunity to have our own lives blessed as we listen to the whisperings of the Spirit, we will have to chance to bless others in their journey on the quest for the truth. This is an eternal concept. To be able to hear the Spirit, we must do all in our power to act, listen and study in order to be able, in the precise moment, hear what He has to say. These moments are precious and the closer we draw to our Savior, the more in tune we become in order to better hear the impressions that we recieve every day. 
As well we are working hard with a list of some less active members in our ward. We have been teaching and helping them and their families to understand the Gospel and to learn to live it. Overall, the work is going great here in our ward!
So on Monday we had a really cool and funny experience for the week. We were doing contacts and we started talking to this man at his front gate about the Gospel. All of the sudden out of nowhere I got the urge to use the bathroom, so I asked if we could pass and use the bathroom. He looked at me a little funny and then let us in. We then ended up teaching him and we are going over again today because he loved what he heard. So long story short, God works in misterious was, sometimes in ways we never imagine. I was grateful we could teach that man, and as well I am grateful I went to the bathroom in his house, he had one of the nicest that I have seen in Chile, so that was a blessing for me. God works in misterious ways. 
So that is all! This has been a great week! I love the mission, my comapnion and I are working hard and sacaring the mugre every day, which makes us both feel good. I love you all, keep writing and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tilghman


Mormon 7
Displaying IMG_0463.JPG

Displaying IMG_0464.JPG
Displaying IMG_0461.JPGThis is my favorite kid ever.  He likes to play Pokemon with me.
Displaying IMG_0457.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment