Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017 - I am a Dad


Hey everyone this past week was great, we had a ton of great spriitual experiences that have really helped to build my own testimony. I am sorry if I say that like every week, but it is true, these kind of things happen all of the time. There of course were some ups and some downs, but overall we had a great time this last week. 

Ok so lets start off with the people. During these last few weeks we have been meeting with a less active emmber named Mauricio. He has started to come back to church and wants to come back in order to participate of all of the blessings that he has in store for him. We met with him yesterday and had a great lesson about the Priesthood and then later that night he texted us and thanked us for meeting with him and shared his testimony, it was awesome! We also have been teaching a less active member named Marion. Yesterday we had a great lesson agbout the Great Apostasy with her and her family, and for once her family paid attencion to us! They usually leave the room or ignore us while we are there, but yesterday they listened, asked questions and finally committed themselves to read and pray, so we were very happy!

Yeah so the title of the email. On Saturday I got a call from President Gwilliam to say I would be helping out a new missionary as his first companion. On the mission we say that your first companion is your dad, so I was able to be a dad! My comps name is Elder Atkinson and he is from Pleasant Grove, Utah, he is a great guy and I love him to death, we are going to have a great time!

Love you all, sorry that this email is short, I hope you are all well and that things are good this week!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Juan 4

IMG_0445.JPG
Elder Atkinson
IMG_0446.JPG
Giant hot dogs
IMG_0442.JPG
kelsch

No comments:

Post a Comment