Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 2, 2017 - Wake Up Call


What a great week! This last week was really awesome Elder Alldredge and I are tearing it up here in our sector it is great! I have really seen the blessings of the Lord and the blessings of worker smarter and harder each day in the mission field. But yeah overall it was a killer week, sacamos la mugre, I have no idea how to say that in English, just plug it in to google translate. As always I love the work and what we do, but it makes it even better when we are able to see the fruits of our labors and to help other people change their lives. With that said, lets go and talk about the people.

Ok so we have a couple people to talk about this week. Gilbert and Sterling are a married Haitian couple that we have been teaching for about 2 weeks. This past week we invited them to be baptized and they said yes! They have a date for the beginning of September, and on top of that they want to have a party in the chapel for like a wedding shower, so we will see how that goes as well. I am super excited for them and looking forward to their baptismal date! This past week as well we went and taught Rafael and Paola. They are a young married couple who just moved into the ward and were being taught by other missionaries a few miles away. We went and talked with them about prayer and gaining a testimony, and the Spirit was very powerful. As we were teaching the Spirit testified of every word, and I felt power in each letter that we uttered. We shared the story of Enos and his example of prayer from the Book of Mormon, and then they as well committed to be baptized at the end of September! I am so happy for them. 

This past week as well we had a very cool lesson. We have another Haitian investgator named Gilbe. We went to go and teach him about the book of mormon, and he had invited his whole family of 6 to listen to us! That was not even the best part. We asked his cousin to start with a prayer, and what happened next was unexpected. She began to sing in French a hymn, and about 3 seconds in Elder Alldredge and I realized she was singing "How Great Thou Art" so we started to sing along in Spanish. The Spirit filled the room, and afterwards she gave the prayer and we were able to teach a very powerful lesson. I am so grateful to be a missionary.

Ok so as well I would like to explain the title of the email. This morning  at like 3 in the morning I was asleep in my bed all nice and warm with my blanket and pillow. All of the sudden the house began to shake and some stuff in the kitchen fell. Mother Nature woke us all up with a little tremor. It lasted for about 30 seconds, in the which we all woke up and then we had to make sure everyone was ok. It was all fine, and then we went back to sleep. It was a pretty sureal experience being woken up by an earthquake.

I am loving the mission and loving the work. I hope you are all doing good, You definitely have to come visit Chile one day, maybe not where I am at because it is the ghetto, but the people are hilarious, I love it. Love you all, do not forget to write!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



Mateo 24:44-46



No comments:

Post a Comment