Wednesday, August 23, 2017

August 23, 2017 - Maestranza Mania


This place is a mad house! Ok so some crazy stuff happened this last week, and I do not mean crazy like I found peanut butter for super cheap in the street fair, I mean crazy as in people with knives and of course my mortal enemy, the dogs.

Ok lets start with the people. This last week was very good for us. Elder Atkinson and I are working very hard and we are really trying to find new people to teach, we are in the process of long, fun working days. We have a few people with baptismal dates right now, and all of them are Haitians. I know my emails all probably sound the same with me talking about the dogs and the Haitians, but honestly that describes my life right about now. I am learning some Creole and French and at the same time teaching my companion about the proper way to kick dogs while riding on the bike. Tecnique is everything. So our investigators Gilbert and Sterling are doing great, Sterling has been really sick for a while so they have not been able to come to church because they went to the hospital to get things checked out to make sure that she was ok. But, we are praying and hoping that they will come back to church and keep their baptismal date for this September. Yesterday we had a really cool experience. We were contacting in a park that is near a big church and we stopped a man as he was walking. It turns out that Pedro, that was his name, has a ton of belief in Jesus Christ and does not know what the true church is. We got talking and we were able to teach and testify of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was great to teach him, the Spirit was strong and we were able to get a teaching appointment with him this Saturday. 

Ok so the funny story. So a couple nights ago we were on the bikes and we rounded a corner to go down through a subway station and there were some guys yelling on the side of the road. They had knives in their hands and they were not yelling kind words at each other, so we hurried and got out of there real fast, I was not ready to meet my Maker. 

On Saturday as well we had a funny story. So Elder Atkinson is a little new to the mission and does not know yet about the terrible abominacion that we have down here called the dogs. So on Saturday we were walking in the street and there was a small white d-word on the side of the road. I kept on walking, but my companion bent down to look at it. I took that moment as a learning opporotunity and did not say anything, just so that he could learn from experience. My companion got almost down to touch it and the dog freaked out and started to chase him, my comp jumped about 7 feet off the ground and came running towards me. Lesson learned, welcome to Chile ahhahahahahahah!

I am loving the mission, I love every second of it. Today we went to the temple, and I love it, every time I go inside I learn more about the Spirit and I feel the truth of what we teach and preach. Love you, ahve a good week!



Love,

Elder Tilghman



DyC 121: 41-43

IMG_0447.JPG
I like pizza
IMG_0451.JPG
Temple trip
IMG_0448.JPG
View from the train station
IMG_0450.JPG
It was a little cold, wow I just now realized I cannot talk a good picture, either that or I am not good looking, or both


No comments:

Post a Comment